Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I donated a bunch of craft stuff to a local school

About a month ago, I got an email from our local scrapbook store, Forever Your Memories, and they were asking for donations of any and all kinds of craft items to go to a local school for disabled children.

Well, I jumped on the bandwagon. I had three boxes and three garbage bags full of craft stuff that I was not going to use or wasn't planning on using in the near future that were just sitting around collecting dust. I called up the teacher who wanted the donations and got rid of all of my excess stuff in one fell swoop!

I like knowing that my donation is going to help the disabled children in the area and not be sold like it would have been if I had donated the stuff to The Salvation Army.

If you are like me and have a lot of extra craft supplies and fabric laying around that you either don't like or won't use, you might want to check with some local places in your area and see if they want any of it. Schools, shelters for abused women, orphanages and the like, will most likely be willing to accept your items. It not only helps them out to keep their costs down and gives the women and children something to do, but it helps to declutter your home as well!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0