Sunday, January 11, 2009

Still needing to unpack stuff...

Geez. I had hoped to have more stuff unpacked by now, but it hasn't happened yet. It would have been great to unpack over the Christmas vacation, but I ended up babysitting my grand kids for the two weeks off. I did manage to rearrange the piles of stuff in the living room so it isn't quite as bad as it was. I would really like to get my craft room done so I can start sewing and crafting again. I have a great big desk to work on, but can't get to it right now for all the stuff. :(

My best friend came over yesterday to help me out, but before she could get here, my daughter brought the grand kids over for me to watch...again...since the heat in her house went out. I was suppose to go to my best friend's house yesterday afternoon and visit with her while the football game was on since her hubby had a bunch of guys over, but was still babysitting. Here it is, Sunday morning and I still have the kids. My daughter and son-in-law have heat now as he changed out the unit (he works in the heating and air industry) but before they pick up the kids, they want to clean up the kids bedrooms and then drive to Marion to pick up a bed, bunk style I think for my granddaughter. They will then put my grandson's race car bed under the other bed in my granddaughter's room and move her old bed into my grandson's room. (My grandson sometimes falls asleep in his sister's room. Playing is hard work!)

In the meantime, I am doing laundry. I have cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom as well. I have washed the few dishes in the sink and will finish the kitchen later. I can't sweep and mop until the laundry is done since the washer and dryer is in the kitchen and my dirty clothes are sorted into piles on the kitchen floor. I am planning on cutting out the coupons from today's paper here in a few minutes.

Wish me luck on getting things unpacked before summer!

No comments:

Swidget 1.0